You are here:
Built in 1914 in recognition of the School’s twenty-fifth anniversary, the Shore Chapel was opened on the 4th May, 1915, only a few days after the Gallipoli landings. Casualty lists brought the sad news that Shore boys were among the fallen. For another three and a half years the war continued and the School Chapel became a memorial to the Old Boys who lost their lives. Since its construction the Chapel has made a vital contribution to the character and the spiritual life of the School.
The Chaplains are responsible for this important aspect of the School’s life. In addition they are also involved in teaching, coaching of games and assisting boys both pastorally and spiritually.
The Chapel is attended each week by all boys who worship with members of the teaching staff. Each Sunday morning a service for the boarders is conducted by the School Chaplain and other members of the School community are welcome to attend. Throughout the school year special services are held in the Chapel for boys to worship with the wider Shore community.
Rev Dr Nick Foord (Community Chaplain), Archbishop Glenn Davies, Dr Timothy Wright, Rev Paul Dudley (School Chaplain)
Chaplain to the Shore Community
Rev Nick Foord