Boater Banner

Child Protection and Safeguarding

All children have the right to be and feel safe and to be protected from abuse, maltreatment and harm.

Shore holds, and has always held, a commitment to be above reproach in our responsibilities to all children and young people entrusted to our care. This fundamental commitment applies not only to promoting their wellbeing but also to protecting them from any kind of harm or abuse, and it flows from our foundation as a Christian school as well as from our legal responsibilities.

National Redress Scheme

Shore is a participating institution in the National Redress Scheme.

The Scheme was established in 2018 in response to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse and acknowledges that many children were sexually abused in Australian institutions and recognises the suffering they endured because of this abuse. It helps people who have experienced institutional child sexual abuse gain access to counselling, a direct personal response (for example, an apology), and a Redress payment.

If you experienced sexual abuse as a child (under 18 years of age) before 1 July 2018 and Shore was responsible for bringing you into contact with the person who abused you, you can make an application to the National Redress Scheme any time between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2027.

You must also have been born before 30 June 2010 and be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

The Scheme started on 1 July 2018 and will run for 10 years.

For more information about the National Redress Scheme visit or you can call the Scheme on 1800 737 377.

The National Redress Scheme website also has information about the availability of free and confidential redress support services.

What other help is available

Whether or not your situation meets the requirements for the National Redress Scheme, if you have concerns about any kind of harm or abuse while you were (or are) a student at Shore, you may contact the Headmaster’s Office on 9956 1101 for a confidential discussion.

If your situation relates to potential criminal behaviour, you should contact the NSW Police.