The School Council
The St James' School Compensation Act (1886) which allowed the establishment of the School laid down that a Council should be half composed of clergy and half of laymen. It is now constituted as follows -
- President: The Archbishop of Sydney (ex officio).
- Six clergy members appointed by the Synod of the Diocese of Sydney.
- Six lay members appointed by the Synod of the Diocese of Sydney.
- Five elected representatives of the Shore Old Boys' Union.
The Council is responsible for the governance and management of the School. It is responsible for strategic direction and policy and is governed by the Sydney Church of England Grammar School Constitution Consolidation & Amendment Ordinance 1923 (as amended).
Council delegates day to day management of the School to the Headmaster. The business management of the School, subject to the control of the Council and the Hon. Treasurer is delegated to the Bursar who reports to Council through the Hon. Treasurer.
Office Bearers 2016
- President - The Most Rev Dr G N Davies, BSC, MDiv, ThM, DipA,PhD, Archbishop of Sydney
- Chairman - Rev S J Holman, BArch (Hons)(UNSW), DipCS, MCS (Regent), BTh (MTC)
- Honorary Secretary - Mr G B T Lovell, BE (Hons I)(Syd), MA (Oxon), MAICD
- Honorary Treasurer - Mr R Z A Collison, BEc (Hons)(Syd), MBA (AGSM), GDipAppFin (Finsia), GDipACG, FCIS, FCSA, FFin, CFA, GAICD
- Mr R J Berkman, BCom, CA
- Mrs K Bucknell, BA (Syd), MA (Psych)(Syd), MAPS
- Dr G Burrow, MBBS (Syd), FRACS, FAOA
- Rev E C K Cheung, BD (Hons), BE (Hons)(UNSW)
- Dr E Cope, MBBS (Syd) FRACGP, FAICD
- Rev P D Dale, DPhil (Oxon), MSc, MA, BATheol; CertMin (London)
- Rev M Heazlewood, BD (Hons), BE (Hons)(Syd), DipMin (MTC)
- Rev M Kellahan, BA, LLB (ANU), BD (Hons)(MTC)
- Ms J M Lambert, BBus (UTS), MEc (Macq), CA, GAICD
- Rev M H Paget, BD (Hons), BSc (Physics), BEd (UNSW), BDiv
- Mr M Thomas, BComm, LLB (UNSW)
Clerk of the Council and Bursar:
- Mrs K L Dickson, BComm (W'gong), MLLR (Syd)
Where communication with the Council is desired, it should be addressed to:
The Hon. Secretary, Shore School Council, P O Box 1221, North Sydney NSW 2059 and telephone messages should be left with the Bursar.