Coat of Arms & Motto
The Motto, from Lucretius, translates;
“They hand on the Torch of Life”
The School was granted its present Coat of Arms by the College of Heralds in 1932.
The open book represents the Bible; the stars are those of the Southern Cross; the shell represents the connection between the School and St. James' School, from whose funds the School was founded; while the Torch refers to the School's motto.